mission, vision, &
West Canton Baptist Church exists solely for the glory of God. Our desire is to be a city set on a hill that cannot be hidden (Mt. 5:14). We are seeking to be obedient to the Scriptural mandate to make disciples in all nations (Mt. 28:19). We are seeking to make disciples in our community through everyday evangelism, expository preaching, Bible Study Sunday School groups, and pastor-led Bible studies.
West Canton Baptist Church was established on December 31, 1916. The people had gathered at the "sheep pen," a little two-room house located where Canton Food Lion's parking lot is now located. They organized a church and a Sunday School Union. The young people called it the "sheep pen" because of all the sheep and cattle behind the house. People walked to the sheep pen carrying lanterns and some came by horse and buggy. Rev. P.M. Pruitt was the first pastor of West Canton Baptist Church. By March of 1919 the church had moved into their new building in Phillipsville. On October 30, 1946, West Canton Baptist Church moved into our current building. The church is currently seeking to follow the Lord where he leads.